Tuesday, December 04, 2007

(Not so) Quick Catch up post 2

On Sunday we went to church as we usually do. The way it works is that I usually go to Sunday School, which is small group bible study and teaching and the group I'm in happens during the second church service. Then after that we go to the third church service. Anyway, this week I arrived and there was no one there apart from one guy I didn't recognise. As we both stood there wondering what was going on a lady came out from the room next door and pointed us toward a poster. It turns out that on the first Sunday of the month my group meets in Starbucks down the road.

The guy and I walked out of the building and down towards the car park. He asked me where I was parked and I said I didn't have a car because I'd arrived with the family I'm staying with so he said he'd give me a lift, even though he wasn't entirely sure which Starbucks we were meant to be coming to. It actually wasn't until we were in the car that I realised that we hadn't introduced ourselves to one another yet! I don't really make a habit of getting into cars with strange men, and I figure since I'd met him in church he was unlikely to be a raving lunatic, but I guess you never really know! Next time I'll make sure I at least know the name of the person giving me a lift somewhere...

After church there was more excitement of a kind. Blest was staying around the area because she had rehearsal for the cantata and it's not really worth going home inbetween church and rehearsal, so I was going home with the rest of the family in the van. We were all loaded up, Danny tried to start the van and it wouldn't go. The engine would turn over, but wouldn't catch.
To cut a very long story short, they were able to get in touch with a guy from the church who is a mechanic and he came back to take a look. Apparently it was something to do with the spark plugs (I think, anyway) and required some parts. Danny took the boys and myself home in the truck and then went back to church to help with the repairs, which took several hours and he was sill there when blest got out of rehearsals. Meanwhile I was looking after the boys at home, and on the whole they were very good. By the time blest and Danny were back home everyone was exhausted, and yet we still somehow stayed up until ten o'clock talking. Big mistake, because by the time Monday morning came we were still tired and a bit grumpy too.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

"I don't really make a habit of getting into cars with strange men, and I figure since I'd met him in church he was unlikely to be a raving lunatic, but I guess you never really know!"

Yeah, but was he cute??? ;)