Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Ok, ok, so I'll write a proper post

I don't seem to be very good at writing proper posts lately, I just try to fob you off with pictures. Unlike Kathleen, who manages to post fantastic photos and write something interesting to go with them. I think I need to stop thinking I need to write specifically about the photo, but just throw it in as extra entertainment value. That is, of course, assuming that you find my blog entertaining.

Hmmm, this blog is called It's My Life, so I ought to write about my life. As most of you know I'm back in London, living with my parents in the house I grew up in. In fact, the only house I've ever lived in in London. That's quite weird if you compare it to people like Blair or Blest with sons who are constantly moving every couple of years because of their husbands jobs. I have lived in lots of different places though, if you count all the places I lived while at university. Hey, I can feel a trip down memory lane coming on...

In my first year at university I lived in a building called West House, which was where the majority of first years at my college lived. I was on the first floor, which was high enough to not have people looking in your windows, but low enough to not have too many stairs to climb. I've got loads of memories from living in that room, but I can't share any here or this post will just be too long.

In my second year at Homerton I was once again in West House, but this time I was up on the top (fourth) floor. We were pretty glad they had lifts as well as stairs. When I think back to my second year I have very mixed emotions. I very very stressed out for a fair amount of the year, for a number of reasons, and developed stress migraines which made me sick. I don't get them much any more, apart from if I'm in contact with very strong smells, for example scented candles or perfume.

For my third year I made the decision to live with three delightful girls in a house out of college, which was also a bit of a stressful decision at the time, but I really enjoyed the time I spent living with Bud, Mucker and Anna (yes, Bud and Mucker are nicknames, in case you were worried). In fact, we got on so well that we continued living in our house in Blinco Grove for our PGCE year.

That takes me up to the summer of 2005. I failed my final teaching placement and was to retake it in the Autumn, so I needed to find somewhere to live, initially for a couple of months. Enter my friend Imogen, and the house she was rentiing in GC, south of Cambridge. IT would be clost enough to commute into Cambridge (which I did for church, and going into college) but also out in the countryside. I made the decision a couple of weeks into my repeat placement that I really didn't want to be a teacher, and then was offered a job at the school I was in. This was only going to be for a couple of weeks, but ended up extending to be for the whole of the school year. Imogen was willing for me to continue to live with her, so I did! That job came to an end at the end of July, so for financial reasons it was time for me to move back to London.

And that's where I am at the moment. My job situation at the moment is a little uncertain (more that I'm not enjoying it much than it coming to an end or anything like that.) However at the moment I'm sticking with it to earn some money, and looking after the little one two days a week as a bit of relief from the school sitaution. I'm not going to say any more about that at the moment.

Wow, look I can write a proper post when I put my mind to it. I'll try not to leave it so long 'till the next one. In the meantime you can always check out the sites on my sidebar. I'm going to be adding a few more site over the next couple of weeks, so do check them out when I do.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I tend to take too many photos, which is why I post them. Even the blurry ones! With your job and looking after that cutie it's got to be hard to find time to write long posts! I like your photos, even the sheep!