Monday, February 13, 2006

monday monday

I have a dentist appointment at 12. Which makes this one of those waiting to go ot the dentist mornings. Which is not good. Every time I go I think maybe this time it will be ok, and if I admit it sometimes it is ok. But I just don't like sitting there having someone sticking things in my mouth, not knowing quite what they're doing or what they're going to find. Ok well, hopefully this will be one of the ok times.

Going to the opticians, on the other hand, I absolutely love. But you only get to go back to see them every couple of years, and you have to see the dentist every 6 months (although this time I left it 8 months, which means there's bound to be something wrong). Having my eyes checked is great fun. Getting to wear those bizarre glasses while they try out different lenses to see what's best. When I was little my best friend had glasses for a while, but I never needed them thne, even though I desperately wanted to have them. Now I do have glasses, and she doesn't (I haven't seen her for a while, so I could be wrong!). I don't have a very good track record with them either - must be to do with my accident-proneness. The other day I managed to get elbowed in the face by the boy work with (by mistake), luckily it didn't hurt, but still knocked my glasses off my face. I've also, in the past, stood on my glasses and squashed them, had them sat on....

The most bizarre one must be when we were on holiday the summer before last. We went up to Scotland which is beautiful. We had a week near Inverness, and then a week on the Isle of Skye (I would love to go back there). Anyway, somehow I managed to to loose the screw that held in one of my lenses while at church in the main town, at the other end of the island to where we were staying. That meant for the rest of that day I couldn't really see where I was going, and that on the Monday morning we had to go all that way back to the town to get them to put a new screw in them for me.

Hey, I've managed to distract myself from thinking about the dentist for at least 10 minutes by having that little flashback, so that can't be too bad! Only another hour and a half to go (and counting).

No comments: