Monday, January 14, 2008

Phrases heard a lot around here.

I left you all hanging too long, and I apologise. This post is now updated with who says what, and where the phrase originates.

"I almost hate to bring this up" (I don't know where this one comes from, but a book or movie most likely. It's said by Andrew or Benjamin at the most randon of moments, and usually don't have any relevance to the conversation)

"If you don't mind my sayin' so, It wouldn't have hurt you To find out what the gentleman wanted. " (This is a favourite of Benjamins, and he'll launch into it at any time, any where. It's a line from 'Music Man')

"I've never worked this hard in all my life" (Another quote from a book or movie. Usually to be heard from Andrew, Benny or Joshua while they're clearing up at the end of the day)

"I sure hope" (Benjamin's response if you ask him if he would like a cheese slice\to go outside\to watch Barrage...)

"Oh snap" (Most likely to be heard from Daniel or Andrew, this is an 'oh shoot' type phrase, and would be ok if they didn't say it twenty times in a row!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I want o know is who sid them but because it changes the nuances.