Monday, April 03, 2006

If the day had 25 hours

I've been thinking about this lately, if a day had an extra hour what would I do with it? The most obvious answers seem either to spend it being awake or asleep. The past few days I would definitely have gone for the sleep option.

Although it's not all that pleasant waking up and finding your eyes are stuck together. The doctor gave me drops for my eyes (which there was no way I was gonna be able to put them in for myself, but HP and my Mum have been ever so kind and helping!) and they are getting better. I need to keep up with the drops for a while yet till they're totally clear and then a bit longer.

Anyway, back to the extra hour. I'm not talking about just a one off, like in the Autumn when we get our hour back again. I usually seem to end up being awake for that one and then regretting it afterwards. But what if every day was a bit longer? Why stop at one hour, if it was two hours you could be awake for an extra hour and sleep for an extra hour. If it were only one extra hour and you wanted to split it equally then you'd have only half an hour extra for sleeping and being awake. And that's not much, because after all, when you talk about how much sleep you've had you only ever count full hours slept.

After all that I think I'm ready for a nap, but might make do with a shower instead.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

No... I can safely say that there are times an extra thirty minutes of sleep seems like quite a lot. I mean, when you wake up thirty minutes earlier, THAT can seem like quite a lot...
The funny thing about time is, it's only what you make of it. Unless you set the time aside, the extra hour will just get eaten up with the reast of the day.