Monday, October 22, 2007

Appointments aplenty

(Myself, Alison and Sarah at Imogen and Greg's wedding)

This morning I finally had the opportunity to sleep in a bit, which was great. I tihnk I'm generally just a bit run down and needed to catch up on some sleep. I finally went to see the doctor on Friday for the cough and nasty gunk that I've had on and off for the last few of months. I'd tell myself I really ought to go to the doctor, but then I'd begin to feel better again and not go. This timeI told myself I had to go whatever I felt like because it wasn't going to go away on its own, and sure enough he gave me antibiotics which I'm hoping will kick the cough and gunk out once and for all. I've still got the cough (pause for coughing fit - does it know what I'm typing?) but there are still several days of antibiotics left so I haven't given up hope on their working.

I've got to go to the dentist this afternoon. It occurred to me that I was actually meant to go for my six monthly check-up in about May, and since it's now October and I'm going to be away for the next year, that maybe it might be a good time to go and get my teeth checked any any work that needs to be done out of the way before I head off to Texas. I'm really not keen on going to the dentist. So far as those sorts of appointments go (haircut, eye test, visit to the doctor, seeing the dentist) it's my least favourite so I probably put it off for longer than I ought to. Hopefully I won't have a coughing fit while in the dentist chair!

Life seems to be full of those appointments at the moment. Last week I saw the doctor and a couple of weeks before that I saw a nurse about my asthma medication. She wanted me to see a different nurse, so that appointment is coming up next week. Tomorrow I'm going to get a tetanus shot so that I'm up to date with that. I got my hair cut last week, and went to the opticians in the summer and got new glasses. Finally, I need to make an appointment with the main doctor at my surgery to ask if he authorise me having more than two months worth of medication in one prescription, otherwise my parents are going to have to post stuff out to me in Texas every two months. I think that's pretty much all the different appointments of that nature covered!

On Friday I got my photograph taken (passport sized pictures) and was able to get my International Driving Permit issued. Talking of photos, I need one for my visa application and on the form it says it should be 50x50mm. However, normal passport photos which are used for this sort of thing are usually 50x40mm ish. Is the 50x50mm a typical size for American photos for this sort of thing? Do you think I can just use one of the photos I have, or should I get one done specially to be that size? Any suggestions?! I'm going to try to go on the American Embassy site and see if I can find anything useful regarding photos on there.

No comments: