Friday, June 11, 2010

Reduced dinner

Everything we ate for dinner last night was bought reduced. Now, I know that we were meant to be 'eating what we'd got' for the week, but I had to go to morrisons to buy toilet rolls - they're one of those essentials you can't hold off buying, and of course I checked for good reductions, and I found lots of things.

Actually, before I left the house I looked at our almost empty fruit bowl and had a passing thought that it might be good if I were able to buy some reduced fruit. And I found loads - bananas, apples, pears, peaches, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. As well as those new potatoes you see on my plate and also the mushrooms. And some pork chops and turkey which I've put into the freezer for another day.

But back to our dinner. I reckon the total cost of the actual dinner - meat, veg and the fruit in the smoothie, can be no more than a couple of quid for both dinners. And it's only that high because the pork was over a pound for the two pieces (one each).

1 comment:

Liz said...

nice one, looks better than my tin of soup anyway, craft supplies come first lol, I have to prioritise better in future too