Monday, September 18, 2006

Not the most productive day

We haven't achieved an awful lot today, in part due to the two hours we spent at the town hall giving blood, and I didn't even give any blood. HP did though, and she likes to have someone with her cos she's only done it a few times and the time before last she went really faint. I didn't really mind - I got to sit and read a book for a couple of hours, and we started writing a big list of all the stuff she needs to take back to uni with her. We had to wait so long because it was just really really busy, but that can't bea bad thing given how we're always hearing about blood shortages. I would have given blood but I've still got a nasty cough that I'd had for a while now and decided I was a bit too under the weather than they'd like.

When we got home from the town hall we did sort out the washing, and then made lasagne and apple & blackberry crumble for tea, so I suppose that is actually quite productive. And it made my mum happy because it used up a little of the vast quantities of fruit that are lurking in our freezer. They both tasted good too, although it was more like lasagne soup than anything - it was very runny!

Now, once the Archers (radio soap on radio 4) has finished we can see what else we can be productive with. Oh, and talking of which, cue theme music. Time to go.

No comments: