Sunday, September 24, 2006

Cleaning

There's something quite therapeutic about cleaning I think. The satisfaction when something is achieved, whether it's tidying up a shelf or de-cluttering a whole room, you can look at what you've done and feel happy.

Since I moved back to London I've been gradually going through all the stuff in my room, working out if I needed it or not, and if I did want to keep it where it ought to go. I love being able to pick up an object and think 'that goes there', and when something does have a place to go it seems to make tidying easier. Please don't mistake me, I'm not trying to lecture people with messy houses, anyone seeing ours at certain times would realise that, I'm just expresssing how good it is when things are tidy and you can think 'I did that' and have a big smile on your face.

I've experimented with selling some of the things I wanted to get rid of on ebay. It's been fun, and some things have sold and made me a bit of money (when I say a bit that's really quite true, once you take costs into account it doesn't add up to much, but at least I'm not out of pocket). I find it quite hard to predict what will and what won't do well on ebay though. At the moment I'm waiting for some embossing powder to end it's listing. Embossing powder is used, I think, with rubber stamps and ink, and it gives a 3D effect to the print. - I got these for my birthday years ago (my choice - we got them at a craft sale at school) and have barely looked at them since, hence my decison to try selling them. However the listing currently has 7 people watching it, but no bids yet. It's got just less than 2 hours left, so I'm hoping that some of those watchers (or at least one!) will turn into a bidder.

I seem to have got off the subject of cleaning somewhat. But I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm enjoying de-cluttering and sorting things out, and I expecially like it when it's finished and you can look at it and say "hey, doesn't that look nice".

No comments: