Saturday, February 15, 2020

Half term plans

Storm Dennis is currently the UK hard, and I'm quite happy to be inside my warm cosy house, snuggled up on the sofa with my laptop. My back and hipsare complaining about mopping at work the last two days (that's all I can think of to attribute the pain to - using muscles in different ways than what I usualy do?).

There are a hundred things I could be doing today, but instead I'm listening to my body and resting. It's been a bit of a crazy six weeks of one thing after another (To quote my husband,"Is there ever something not wrong with you?")

We have some fun things planned for the half term. I have a whole day mapped out to spend with my lovely friend Evey, while Menard steps up to the plate and wrestles the kids (It's possible I don't actually understand the rules of baseball or wrestling there ;) )
We also plan to travel to see my best friend from university and her delighful daughter. I love spending time with them, and hope she's up on her Dr Who knowledge as both the kids have been watching past series on netflix. (To be fair, it's her hubby who has all the knowledge, and I'll do my best to help her answer any questions the kids throw at her!).

There will also be homework completing, rocks to decorate, an Egyptian costume to finish and two rock star costumes to work out (thanks school with all your dressing up ideas). Oh and two poems to memorise, Jaiden also has lines to learn for his school show.  And I have some bits to do for my work too.

I want to plan meals around what we have in the freezer and cupboards, to run them down a bit and perhaps save some money. I need to survey the school uniform siuation and probably all the clothes belonging to me and my two children. And I hope there might be some sewing for fun, as well as some mending that needs doing.

Busy busy. But hopefully some blog posts will be produced too..

Ooh, and I have an idea for some informal interviews with a few of my friends, to share with me how they do things to live more sustainably, or how they balance doing all the stuff! More to follow soon...


No comments: