Saturday, February 08, 2020

Brio - Everyone can get in on the act!

Our collection of brio must be one of the longest lasting toys in this house (although that's quickly followed by Jaiden's clicky things aka zoob)

I have happy memories of playing with brio when I was a child, and it's one of the toys that has stood the test of time at my parent's house too - now being played with my grandkids. I remember the little boy my mum used to childmind, playing and making loops, and then after he went home, my dad would work on the track, developing and extending it to be even bigger and better! I also remember we used to buy Daddy bits of brio from the Early Learning shop for his birthday.

Our collection mostly came from hand-me-downs, charity shops, and from a lady I connected with through a wonderful facebook group called Enfield free for families - which is based in Enfield, Middlesex and the surrounding area, which my lovely friend established, and I've been a part of since the very beginning.

I know I go on and on about charity shops, but I LOVE them.  They are so good for so many reasons.
Money! The environment! One of a kind items! And much more.
If I could only shop in charity shops from now on, I would probably take that challenge on. I can probably count on my fingers how many times I've bought brand new clothes/toys/etc in the last few months.

These memories surfaced in my brain thanks to watching children at my work playing and loving brio, and reminded me how great it is for some many age groups and people. Plus I was looking at old pics on my computer and just couldn't resist this one of my favourite people.

No comments: