Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sophia at nearly 22 months

Apart from all the current pregnancy symptoms I'm experiencing which can make life a bit miserable, I'm really loving this stage of being a mummy.

Sophia is getting more and more of an independent proper person every day. She's already got more words than I can count off the top of my head (recent new ones include cupboard and shut) and you can almost have a proper conversation with her. She doesn't exactly do sentences, but she has an increasing repertoire of blended phrases including "eretis" = here it is, "m'out" = come out (or her cot/car seat/buggy).

She's also got definite likes and dislikes. "Pakka!" (In the Night Garden) has to be mentioned at this point. I'm not afraid to admit that at certain times of the name Pakka can be used as an incentive (read bribery!) to help persuade her to do certain things (like leave daddy to sleep and go downstairs with mummy to watch Pakka, or not throw a temper tantrum in the last half hour before bed as we snuggle up together watch Pakka).

I can hardly believe that that tiny little thing who didn't do much at all has turned into this being with thoughts, words and opinions of her own! I can't wait to see how she reacts to a new baby sibling. (Currently we talk a lot about the baby in mummy's belly, and if you ask her where the baby is, she'll tap her own belly!)

No comments: