Friday, April 11, 2008

Today

The day started off so well. Ok, so I woke up at half seven, and could have happily slept longer, but my body wasn't interested, so I got up anyway*. And that gave me longer to get something written over at OWOA, and eat my breakfast at a leisurely pace, and then get on the treadmill for half an hour before I had to get out of the house to look after R&D.

I was happy, and I felt good. The treadmill was great, and I didn't want to get off, but since I had 20 minutes to shower and get out the house, I decided I really did need to stop then! I was feeling good.

But now I'm not. Something happened (nothing serious, just slightly baffling really) and it felt a bit like a slap in the face. It's tainted the rest of the day. I guess I just have to get on with the day and hope the joy comes back. I'm praying that I can put aside my resentment and find my joy in God (which is actually linked to what I'm teaching in kids work at Sunday School this week, so God obviously had the message ready for me!)


*I'm sorry if that sounds like luxury to some of you with kids, but I've been getting up early all week and I'm shattered, so I was hoping to sleep until at least 8, but it turns out my body has got itself onto an early waking up schedule, and that's that. I'll just have to work on the getting to bed earlier thing.

2 comments:

Jeana said...

Oh, I feel ya. I'm the worst about letting something small and unimportant just totally throw off my day.

MammaMayMiller said...

Oh dear... what happened to throw you off course?? message me on FB?
Take care xxx