Thursday, April 10, 2008

Good Morning

I think this will have to be an assortment of random thoughts, because that's what I've got today.

This week, as I think I said before, I am looking after R and D. Today I had to be at their house by 7.40 am so that their Mum could head off to work (she has to drive a bit around the M25, so has to get going as early as she can). I brought my breakfast with me, so that all I had to do at home was shower and get dressed.

R is already awake, but her brother, D, is still sleeping. Their Mum said they had a late night last night, and he's recovering from a nasty cough and virus, so I thought I'd let him sleep a bit longer. Once he's up and breakfasted and all that then we're going to head to the Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green. My Mum used to take us when we were little, so it'll be interesting to see what's the same, and how it's changed. We'll take a picnic lunch with us, and make the most of the day out - there's a park, or gardens or something like that nearby (I don't remember exactly) and it seems like so long as we take enough layers we'll be ok to eat lunch outside.

Other random thoughts -

This week, I have finally understood the constant talk on Mum blogs about clearing up pee in the bathroom. Seems like almost every 'works for me Wednesday' over at Rocks in my Dryer someone is talking about pee and where it ends up in the bathroom, and having seen Little One in action this week, I can totally understand why they're all talking about that!

My scalp seems to have decided to disintergate this week. I do have dry skin (and eczema on my hands), but I don't usually have a lot of dandruff. Today, however, it seems like my scalp is trying to fall off.

The word 'bup' is a very useful one, it can be used in a number of situations, and with a number of different meanings. Just ask Little Flower. In other news about her, she turned one last Friday. I can't believe how quickly the last year has passed. She is so nearly walking and talking properly, I can't believe it. And how did Little One get to be almost three? (His birthday is in July). I'll be 26 in May, that is also scary. I think I need to change the subject...

My Mum and HP are finally doing some more work on our hall and landing. (It's been a decorating work in progess for I don't don't know how long. At least two years. I'll get back to you on that one. Yesterday they cleaned and painted the landing ceiling, and did some polyfillering. Not sure what they'll be doing today, but I think they're planning to keep going if HP's arms aren't too sore from all the reaching up above her to paint the ceiling.

That's about all I've got right now. I'm still photographing my food, over on my weight loss blog, and I'm still blogging at OWOA too.

1 comment:

Barney said...

I can relate to how hard painting a ceiling is.I did my ceiling a few years back and my arm felt like it was going to fall off.