Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday evening

Well my car is officially dead and I am officially ill. Yesterday we drove back up towards Cambridge and went to the garage. I signed my car over to them to be scrapped, and rescued all the bits and pieces out of it. It's amazing quite how much can be in a car without you realising - all the tapes, boxes of tissues, pens, a torch, my road atlas, the list goes on. I felt quite strange afterwards - either down to the fact that I was saying goodbye to my first car, or that I was ill.
Then we headed to the doctor who told me I have an ear and throat infection and gave me antibiotics. I've started taking them, and possibly felt a little better today, although to be honest not a lot yet.
And then this evening we saught the advice of an old friend of the family and started our search for a new car. I'll let you know how that goes...

No comments: