Monday, October 22, 2012

The parable of banana

There's been sooooo much going on round here, and I desperately want to revive this poor neglected blog. I won't make any promises, cos those always get broken, but I will try to do better.

Last night was the first night that Sophia and Jaiden have shared a room (ok, so they sort of did on Friday, but we ended up bringing Soph's mattress out onto the floor of our bedroom, due to her being poorly... blah blah, big sickness bug, everyone poorly, weekend gone, and that's that!)

We put Jaiden down first and waited for him to go to sleep (we started putting him down awake last week, Wednesday. It took him half an hour to settle the first night, with a couple of checks and cuddles, but now he seems to have got the hang of it and only cries for less than a minute), and then we put Sophia to bed. She's always been a chatter in bed, and we were hoping that she wouldn't wake up her brother. But since on Friday night he slept through tears and puking and much noise and chaos, I was fairly confident he'd be ok.

Menard and I were shattered, so we went to bed too, and listened to Sophie over the baby monitor, attempting not to fall asleep before she did!

And this is one of the things I heard her say. I have no idea what the meaning of this parable is, but I'm sure Sophia could have told you last night!

"...and Jesus said, "here's a banana for you, Sophie, and here's one for you...." "

There you have it, the parable of the bananas.

No comments: