Saturday, December 13, 2008

Confidence in being me

(This post comes to you courtesy of the fact that Boo is still in BEDFORD, and is not yet in LONDON, where she's meant to be, so I'm in the library checking my emails while I wait for her to GET A MOVE ON!)

Tonight I'm going to a party. I'll be dressed up, in a dress(!) and I'm gonna have fun. Two years ago, the thought of wearing a dress would be something that would have made me uncomfortable, self-conscious, and I probably would have either worn a skirt and top, or my jeans, or just not felt like me if I really had to wear a dress.

Fast forward to now, and just the other day I went shopping with my boyfriend, and voluntarily tried on about 10 different dresses. I fell in love with a couple of them (the one I bought, and the 'spensive one in Monsoon). I've not only changed physically, but also mentally.

I like me. I know that I've written about that before on here, and I certainly hope I'm not boring anyone, but I still marvel at the fact that I like me, that I LOVE me. That I will be able to agree if someone tells me I look beautiful. That I feel beautiful. I guess what it all comes down to is, I have confidence in being me, and it feels good :)

1 comment:

Jeana said...

HI, Deb! I've been out of the loop for a while, but I was thinking about you today and wanted to say hi. Sounds like a busy weekend--hope it is (was!) a good one.