Wednesday, May 12, 2010

*slinks in quietly and hopes noone realises how long I've been away*

There are many posts that ought to have been written, and now I don't know where to start. Sophia is 7 months old now, the reduced experiment is going well, and I have lots of other random thoughts that I might have blogged about had I had them in the past!

I'm addicted to shopping reduced. I've definitely saved money, and although I generally buy fruit, veg, bread meat and tins, I've also found laundry detergent, toilet paper, washing up liquid, chocolate and other staples of life. My freezer is full of meat and bread, my cupboards are full of tins and packets, and our bellies are full of yummy food. I'd say that my method of shopping is probably changed to shopping this way at the present as I have the flexibility of popping in to Morrisons as and when I'm near there (since I'm at home with Sophia rather than being out at work). I'm getting to know the guy who does the second reductions at the chill cabinet 'reduced to clear' section - and he's willing to let me pick what I want and he'll reduce those things next. (I possibly need to find a new hobby, as last week I think I was in Morrisons about 4 days in a row!)

Sophia's well stuck in to 'solid' foods. I don't know why it's called that as it's still mostly pureed or mashed. I gave her a dried apple ring this morning and unlike most other things, it only made it into her mouth once or twice! I think it got a few licks, and although she quite liked holding it and waving it around, it got a bit fluffy so I decided to remove it to the bin.

No comments: