Sunday, October 08, 2006

I get by with a little help from my friends

My diary has suddenly filled up. A few weeks ago I wasn't really doing much apart from housework and helping HP get packed for university. During the last week in particular I've suddenly found lots of things to do, and even better some of them will be earning me some well appreciated cash. I'm child-minding the delightful one year old two days a week, and this week I'll be babysitting him one evening as well.
I'm tutoring M again (I was working with her last school year and had stopped over the summer). Today I agreed to babysit for a friend of a lady at chuch so that she can go on the alpha course that our church is running starting this Thursday. That'll be a long term commitment for the next ten(?) weeks - for as long as the course lasts.

On Saturday morning at our church prayer meeting a lady came up to me and said "I've heard you like looking after children" and asked me if I would be able to look after her two children some Saturdays (she works shifts and will sometimes have to work on a Saturday). I agreed that I would.I haven't got any firm dates from her as yet, but I'm sure I will soon.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly the Headteacher of the school my mum works at has asked if I would like to work with a couple of her pupils. She's willing to let me work around the child-minding that I do already, so I'm going to ring her tomorrow to say yes and find out when I can go in for a chat about hours and a contract (the magic word!).

I'm sure there's a couple of other things I'm meant to be doing as well. Oh, this Friday it's Bekki's birthday and I'm hopefully going up to Cambridge to see her and go to her party. I think so long as I remember to write everything in my diary I'll be ok, and next year's tax return shouldn't be too hard [My Dad helped me to fill one in for the last financial year - I'm lucky to have my own accountant on hand :-)]

No comments: