Saturday, July 29, 2017

Random January thoughts

Today is my daddy's birthday.  Happy birthday to "the other grandad" or "nana's grandad" as my kids liked to call him.

Jj is loving school.  He knows a lot of letters and a fair few numbers and is even starting to sound out CVC words like cat. He will be reading properly in no time.

Soph is also loving school.  Her reading is becoming more fluent and I'm trying to encourage her to read every day at home as well as what she does at school. This, of course, requires a good supply of books to keep her interested (as well as the favourites we go back to again and again) but luckily we have a lot of lovely charity shops around here, and one in particular has children's books for 20p each, so why wouldn't you buy them? And then when we are done we pass books on to school, so it's win win really!

I am enjoying my free time.  I even joined the gym! I never thought I would do that, although I enjoyed my treadmill so much in the past, but actually now I've  joined, I'm loving it.  I've just been frustrated by the amount I've been ill over the past couple of....

And apparently that where I stopped typing, six months ago!
But I am coming back! Just need to book in a slot on the computer - phone typing is hard!
And I can promise I will be more random and rambling than ever before!



No comments: