Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Starting to count down

Ok, this is gonna be one of those list type posts that may interest you, or you may just want to pass by, but here it is all the same.

Things I want to do/buy/think about before Little Bean arrives...

Christmas
Write Christmas presents list (who we're buying for)
Buy Christmas presents (probably lots on amazon using my swagbucks money. Yay!)
Wrap and label presents and leave in an appropriate place that they won't get forgotten about!


Clothes
Wash and sort the clothes we've recently been given (I figure that with a toddler as well, there will be even more clothes to wash, so having more certainly wouldn't hurt, given I recall there were emergencies when we had to dry things double quick for Sophia to wear again)

Get out the clothes we already have and wash and sort them

Decide on the system for storing clothes etc in this house (last time around we had a lot of the clothes on the changing unit, given we have a climbing toddler, I'm not sure how well that will work this time around!)

Sort through Sophia's clothes and weed out what's too small. Put away/give away. Check she's got adequate winter clothing for the time being.

Look at my clothes and check I've got adequate for being pregnant as the weather gets colder. Buy some long trousers and more underwear! Including new nursing bras.


House
General Autumn deep clean to have an approximate level of clean to start off before the baby arrives!

Eat up current contents and defrost both freezers.

Buy/cook to fill up freezers with useful things


Parent's House
Go up in the loft (or send my daddy!) to locate all the baby stuff we stashed up there - including changing unit, moses basket, sling, play mats....


Buy
New breastpump
Breastfeeding pillow
Projector (Sophia's had a sad demise this week)


Sophia's birthday
Design cake
Make cake
Buy other food
Buy birthday present
Have party
Collapse in big heap!
Other
Anything else I think of!

1 comment:

Mary deB said...

I'm sure you'll have heard this from other parents, but I think going from one kid to two is a snap compared to going from zero to one. That said, the first year with two kids is, as they say, "challenging." It can only get better after that!
Oh, I want a toddler!!