Sunday, October 25, 2009

Go to bed sleepy head

My beautiful baby girl is actually sleeping better, only waking for one feed a night. She lost a lot of weight in the first 10 days or so, so as of last weekend we've been adding in formula to top her up. It was a hard decision for me to do, because I've always known that I wanted to breastfeed. I am still breastfeeding, but we're adding in formula after some of the feeds, and in particular the evening and night feeds.
Since we started them she's been sleeping so much better, only waking for one feed in the night, and sleeping for between four and six hours at a stretch.

However, while we were still being woken up at least 3 times a night, or woken up for long stretches of time, there were several things that I did or said which illustrated just how sleep deprived I was. Unfortunately the lack of sleep has also made me forget all but one of this things I planned to write in this blog post, so I'm only able to share that one...

I made a cup of tea for Menard. It was only when I stopped to wonder why it was taking so long for the teabag to make the water turn into tea, that I realised that although I'd filled the kettle, I hadn't actually boiled it!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Ha! Oh, the comic genius of the sleep deprived! It's hard, but worth it, and it will get better. Also, you're still breastfeeding. Adding formula isn't taking that away, it's just giving you a break and helping her out every once and awhile. So although you might feel bad, it's not a bad decision. You need to do what works out for you as a family. Hang in there!