Monday, May 09, 2011

Sunny Monday

I've had a lovely day today. This morning we went for our traditional Monday morning walk at a local park/country estate with my mum and the guy who runs the walks and treats us to random historical titbits, and a family who are also know from my church small group. The weather was sunny and the temperature bearable, especially since lots of the walking is done in and amongst the trees. Oh, and of course Sophia came too.

This afternoon Sophia and I met up with a Mum who I first met at antenatal classes and her son who's only 5 or 6 weeks younger than Sophia. We went to another big park, this one had the added bonus of an animal sanctuary with ducks, chickens, pigs, goats and sheep and ponies, among other things. The kiddos loved it and we could have spent the whole day there. There were also picnic tables and a playground area, so they did lots of running around, meaning that hopefully, after all that fresh air, Sophia and I will both sleep like logs today.

The best part about the day? It was all free, or very reasonably priced. The sanctuary only cost £2 for adults (under threes were free) and that included entry to far more than we actually saw. I like a good bargain.

(I promise I won't continually talk about our business, cos this blog was invented for me to talk about my life, but since my life now involves our business, then I think I'm entitled to talk about it every once in a while! Besides, I do need to talk more at some point about all the other things we can do.)

No comments: